Pet Travel Certificates


Pet health certificates for travel within the US and abroad

Traveling with a pet? We’ve got you covered. Companion Pet Hospital has USDA Accredited Veterinarians to examine your pet and complete the necessary travel documents.

Here’s what you need to do:

We recommend you consult the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Pet Travel site for important information before requesting an international health certificate. This site allows you to search by the destination country and will take you through the steps to obtain a Veterinary Export Health Certificate.

Know the time frame and requirements for your destination country as well as your airline prior to booking your travel. They each may have requirements regarding when you will need to have the health certificate issued. There may also be requirements for your destination regarding microchipping and vaccinations that will impact your departure date.

Contact Companion Pet Hospital to let us know that you need a pet travel certificate, your destination country, and your travel date. Complete our online form with all necessary information and a member of our team will contact you with any requests for clarifications. This must be done within a certain time frame before your travel date to ensure that all requirements for your destination country can be met.

Companion Pet Hospital will coordinate the endorsement of your paperwork by the USDA.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about obtaining a pet health certificate in Dutchess or Putnam County, NY.

veterinarian with animals in little rock
Beige Blob

Book your pet’s appointment now!

Booking has never been easier.

Book Appointment